Communication Skills for
Graduates and New Hires
Achieving success in your chosen career means you must be able to communicate expertly, concisely and effectively with your mentors and peer groups. This seminar is designed to prepare you as a successful communicator. You will be instructed in the skills used by top-flight presenters and experience the rush of adrenaline as we submerse you in wide-ranging and tough presentation situations – and ‘watch out’ for something unexpected.
The programme will be helpful in managing the transition from university to business life in terms of the changes needed in communication style, physical appearance and language patterns.
You engage with dozens, if not hundreds of conversations automatically each day. This seminar will give you the strategies and tactics that will enable you to develop exceptional presentation and communication skills that work in one-on-one situations and when presenting to large and small groups.
The experience you gain will add value to your employer and provide you with a skills set that is good for a working lifetime.
- How best to transition into the business world.
- A method of presenting based on top-flight communicators.
- How to construct a presentation using that method.
- Message sequencing for maximum effect.
- How to develop a rapport in meetings.
- The techniques for building successful relationships.
- Effective influencing skills.
- How to analyse your performance.
- Methods for coping with the unexpected.
- Physical appearance and mind-set.
- How to manage a wide range of presentation situations.
- Practical solutions for handling conflict and disagreement.
- The dynamics and how to respond in Q&A.
- A familiarity with practical communication situations.
This Programme is Ideal for:
Graduates and new hires who are making the transition to corporate life.